When I heard that my family was getting a box of peaches a week from Georgia for part of this summer, I got incredibly excited! Obviously, I immediately started looking up recipes. After noting a number of tasty-looking dessert recipes, I was intrigued to see a recipe for a peach pizza. I love a good sweet-and-savory combo, so I added it to my list of things to try!
After testing out a variety of delicious dishes, my family’s favorite – BY FAR – was this incredible summer peach pizza. I think I have made it three or four times this summer now!
A few of the other things I tried include:
- Grilled Peaches with Maple Honey Mascarpone (quite good)
- Peach Crisp and Peach Cobbler (classic and delicious!)
- Peach Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel (whew, was the Bourbon strong! Next time I would probably pull back on that a bit!)
- Peach Lemonade (tasty and refreshing!)
- Peach-Brie-Caramelized Onion-Honey-Thyme Panini (Super delicious! I made about twelve of these, for myself and my family, over the last few weeks. Camembert also works great for this!)
If you’re interested in the recipes for any of the items listed above, feel free to comment or send me a message! Still, as I said, the Peach Pizza recipe you will find below is the true standout of my peach-recipe-filled summer. This recipe was adapted from Love and Olive Oil, and they have a bunch of other fantastic-looking recipes which I plan to continue testing out myself – I encourage you to check them out too! I hope you enjoy this delicious peach pizza!
Summer Peach Pizza!
Combining peaches, fresh mozzarella, goat cheese, basil, and balsamic, this is one incredible pizza!
1 batch pizza dough
- Ingredients for my pizza dough recipe (*see notes for a great thin crust pizza dough recipe!):
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
- Pizza Toppings:
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced or grated
4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled (plain and honey goat cheese both work great!)
2-3 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
1/2 cup basil, coarsely chopped
- Making the Dough
- If using store-bought dough or your own recipe, move to Assembly step! Otherwise, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a medium bowl, and let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker’s peel dusted with cornmeal.
- If desired, you may prebake the pizza dough for 5-10 minutes.
- Assembling the Pizza
- Prepare balsamic reduction. Pour balsamic vinegar and honey into a small saucepan, and stir until combined. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until you have about a 1/4 cup of liquid remaining (15-20 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 500ºF (or as high as your oven will go). Brush dough with 1 tbsp olive oil. Top with mozzarella, goat cheese, and pizza slices.
- Place pizza in the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes (8-10 if using prebaked dough), until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, top with basil and, drizzle with balsamic reduction. Cut into slices, and enjoy!
- *If you have any leftover balsamic reduction, save it! This is such a versatile condiment – use it on salads, drizzle over tomato slices and cheese, or enjoy on roasted vegetables.
- *If you’re looking for a great thin crust recipe, try this! I would suggest taking the pre-baking option.